Finally finished with painting and replacing shades. It is now time to unload the fifth wheel and officially move into the bus. We have a spot reserved in 5 days to stay on our inaugural camp out for 10 days. We are so excited. It’s funny how as we get closer to completion the list doesn’t get any smaller it just shuffles up. Most of the items slated for upgrade or replacement now are superficial and don’t affect the operation of the RV.
Once the new carpet was installed things started moving pretty fast. All the furniture we had removed got to go back in.
Since I had to remove the old toilet to paint behind it and it was awkward to get to the flush pedal I decided to replace it with the same model we liked in the fifth wheel, a 17″ Thetford Aqua Magic Style II. Of course the waterline didn’t mate up. I needed 3″ more to reach. $125.00 later I had all the tools to make that happen. It’s much easier to flush and is a self cleaning design unlike the old one with a hand sprayer. Well worth the investment.
Our new love seat was still a question. Would it fit? I had measured 1000 times and the tape says probably. I went to put it in place and it was tight. A little pull here and shove there and bam it fit. When stretched out it clears the window box by 1mm, it clears the front slide wall by 1mm, and there is just enough room to get my fingers in to operate the buttons.
After getting everything installed, I found that by pulling straight up across the driveway I could actually dump the tanks at home which allowed me to calibrate the level sensors and flush everything to clean them. No pictures needed there. We then made a test pull of the toad using my truck. I still need to drill through the firewall to wire in the braking system but everything else is ready to pull.
The next time I post we will be camping 🙂