Things really feel like they are moving along now. We are about half way through painting, All the valances are recovered and awaiting install, and our inaugural bus camp event is only 15 days away.
Going back a few weeks, one of the first decisions we made, if you remember, was to replace the ugly and worn carpet. Upon removal we found leaks and mold. I repaired the leaks and treated the floor with Wesley’s bleach white to kill the surface mold. This really helped the musty smell.
If you ever do get a chance to pull some RV carpet you will have a Staple o rama event of your own. They must pay these people based on the number of staples used.
We had already decided on which carpet we wanted so when we made the call that we were ready it was a little disappointing to hear we were going to have to wait three more weeks. We asked to be penciled in if there was a cancellation and bam they called a couple of days later.
I was very nervous about using Carpet Barn even though a builder I know highly recommended them. Rv’s are so much different than residential work. The man they sent has a lot of experience in boats and rv’s so that help ease some of the anxiety. After talking to him it seemed like he had a clue so I left him to do his work.
I am so pleased with the job Rick did. He paid so much attention to detail it is amazing. I am now a Carpet Barn customer for life.
Next will be installing the new loveseat, mounting the pilot and co pilot seats, installing the new fireplace, installing the new valances and shades, and bringing the eurocliner back in. The list never seems to get shorter lol. Jeez, I forgot about finishing the painting…..